Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Power of Yet

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. YET this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him..."
Lamentations 3: 19- 25

So small, yet so powerful. It's a verse I have both read and have heard quoted countless times. But one day during a trying time in my life, one small word jumped out at me... YET. As I sat and thought about its meaning, I realized that not only was it a powerful word but, even more, it is a powerful action. YET is a word of faith, hope, and determination. You choose to do something or believe something, even though circumstances and feelings may tell you otherwise. I love the way the New Living Translation of the Bible quotes verse 21, "Yet I still dare to hope..."

YET means it's not over. God is moving. Whatever situation you are facing today, remember that God's compassion is new every morning. Do not be consumed. Dare to hope.