Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Walking In Faith

"...for we walk by faith, not by sight."
-2 Corinthians 5:7


As I dropped my girl off for her first day of summer classes, she looked around the room to see if she saw any familiar faces. I knew that two of her close friends from school were going to be in her class, but they were not there yet. Extremely disappointed, my daughter turns around and says, "I thought my friends would be here." I tried to reassure her that they were probably on their way, but even as I talked to her, tears were welling up in her eyes.

I knew that her friends would be there... I saw the class roster and name tags outside the door, and even talked to one of the moms. But no amount of convincing would make my young daughter believe it unless she saw them with her own eyes.

How many times are we like that? Instead of believing God and taking Him at His word, we doubt. Instead of walking forward in confident faith, we grow discouraged and even angry, because we just don't "see" something happening. God is infinite and He sees so much more than we do. He knows the big picture.

Are you walking by faith or by sight?