Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Faithful In The Now

"Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and possess the land that the LORD promised on oath to your forefathers."
-Deuteronomy 8:1 (NIV)


Do you have dreams, goals, aspirations? Do you feel that some of these are "on hold" in your life? There are several things I am anxiously waiting on to be fulfilled. Some days, I find myself getting impatient and frustrated by trying to figure out how to get from A to B to C.

On one of those anxious days, I was praying, seeking God's wisdom, and asking what my next step should be. I was tired of feeling like I was at a standstill! Instead of a blueprint for the future, I felt God say to me...

"Be faithful with what you are called to now."

Yes, I have dreams, goals, desires. But if I cannot be faithful with the things God has given to me right now, how can I expect to be given more? Jesus even talks about this principle in Luke 16 when he says, "Whosoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much..."

Every day is a step closer to your dreams fulfilled and your goals achieved. Don't live so much in the future that you neglect the present. Continue to be faithful in the today, with the things God has called you to TODAY. Allow Him to use where you are to teach you and prepare you for what's ahead.