Monday, June 6, 2011

Take Courage!

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
-John 16:33


This weekend, some friends of ours received some devastating news for their family. So many people are facing huge battles and experiencing great suffering.

As Christians, we are not exempt from hardships. Jesus told His disciples to expect them. But then He encouraged them to take heart. In the Greek it is translated, "take courage".

I wish I knew all the reasons why. I wish I had all the answers to the tough questions. But I don't.

All I DO know is that life is not always perfect and we will all face moments we wish we would never have to face. But I also know that, even as we walk through those moments, God will be with us. Take courage, knowing that in the end, He will overcome.