Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Beyond Our Control

Being so young (and a girl), it's easy for my daughter to get caught up in very minor things. Most of them are just part of life and simply out of her control. I find myself many times telling her, "Honey, I know you are upset, but there's no use crying over something beyond your control."

Today was one of those days for me. It started off waking up to a child with pinkeye, and ended with our friend having to cancel watching our kids for a date night with my husband. Minor as these things may be, it's still frustrating when things don't go the way you expect them to.

We all face circumstances of life that are beyond our control. Many of those circumstances are tough to deal with and definitely give us just cause to be upset. But we can't let these times consume us. We can't let them break us. Instead, take them to God, leave them in His hands, and walk away. Instead of focusing your time and energy on the things you can't change, focus on the things you CAN.