Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Emotions Can Be Deceiving

"The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; Who can understand it?"
-Jeremiah 17:9


I am currently trying to navigate a situation where my emotions have been running pretty high. As I was venting to my husband the other night about what I wanted to say and how I wanted to handle it, he told me, "Why don't you just wait a few days, let your emotions settle down, and pray about how GOD wants you to handle it."

What great wisdom there was in that! I always try to remind myself to not make decisions based off of my emotions, but when you are in the midst of the situation, it can be hard to remember.

Emotions can be deceived, manipulated, and easily provoked. They are not to be trusted as the authority in our lives.

Do not confuse your emotions for the Holy Spirit. God created us with emotions, but we are not to be RULED by them.