Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Have Faith

Today's post is from "Praying God's Word" by Beth Moore. It ministered so much to me yesterday, I wanted to share it with you...

Faith is the only thing that will ever close the gap between our theology and our reality.

Father, You've told me that when I ask I am to believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave tossed by the wind (James 1:6). You said to Your children, "If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all" (Isaiah 7:9). Please teach me to stand firm, Lord.

Christ Jesus, before You rebuked the winds and the waves, You asked Your disciples, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" (Matt. 8:26). Help me to fully embrace that the One whom the winds and waves obey is the same One who watches over me. Help me to not hinder Your works on my behalf over a lack of faith.

"Praying God's Word"
Beth Moore
B&H Publishing