Monday, March 21, 2011

The Blessings Of Today

"He that fears not the future may enjoy the present."
-Thomas Fuller


It has been a wonderful weekend... great weather, lots of laughter, lots of quality family time. Yet instead of cherishing all of that 'wonderful-ness' in my heart, I am anticipating the week to come, and my heart is filled with dread. This week, our family begins another season of craziness, and to be honest, I'm not looking forward to it at all.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."
-Matthew 6:34 (MSG)


Why do I struggle with that so much? Instead of looking at the negative, I need to rejoice at the positive! I have a lot to be thankful for, but in being anxious, I am robbing myself of enjoying God's blessings in my life. If you are having a hard time finding positivity in your life right now, maybe it's because you are so focused on the negative that you are robbing yourself of not only seeing God's blessings, but enjoying them.

I have many blessings. I have a lot to be thankful for. God is good.

My heart is full.