Friday, March 18, 2011

What Goes Around Comes Around

"Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days, you will find it again."
-Ecclesiastes 11:1


Being involved in ministry for so many years, I have had the great honor of "leading" a lot of pretty amazing people. From the nursery to young adults, you name it and I have been involved. I don't say that to brag, but to express how truly humbled and grateful I am that God allowed me those opportunities to speak into people's lives. But what I truly consider one of the greatest things about my years in ministry is when it all comes back around.

I've been walking through a tough season in life. There have been some high points, but also many low points. It's been in those valleys where God has been using some of those people who I invested in to pray for me, encourage me, and speak His truth into my life. What I used to pour into them, they are now pouring into me. The students have become the teachers.

As Christ followers, we all need to be pouring into someone on a daily basis. Who are you pouring into? You never know...what you give to them today may be given to you tomorrow.