Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Praying God's Word - Purify My Heart

Today's post is from Beth Moore's book, "Praying God's Word Day By Day". Are you in a desert season? Maybe God is testing your heart...

Any 'No' an earnestly seeking child of God receives from the throne is for the sake of a greater 'Yes'.

Father, help me to remember in my impatience that the end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride (Ecc. 7:8).

You led your children, the Israelites, all the way in the desert for forty years, to humble them and to test them in order to know what was in their hearts, whether or not they would keep Your commands (Deut. 8:2).

Help me to understand that sometimes You lead me on certain paths to humble me also, to see what is in my heart.

Purify my heart, Lord, so that I will be patient in the waiting times, and so that You will take joy in what You find.

Praying God's Word
by Beth Moore
B & H Publishing