Friday, February 25, 2011

Be Still

Life is crazy! And not just for me, but for a lot of you as well. There are so many things that need prayer right now that I completely understand why we are told to pray continually. As you know, there are a few things that I have been consistently praying for our family, and I pray over them multiple times a day, every day. God tells us to be persistent, right? So as I began my prayer time yesterday, I felt God say, "Be still". That was it...simply "Be still".

There comes a time where we all just need to sit down, shut up, and be still before God. Clear our minds and our hearts, and listen for Him to speak. If you are anything like me, that can be hard to do sometimes. But how can we expect to hear His voice when we are constantly busy trying to shrink our ever-present list of to-do's, or when our minds are cluttered by everything we have going on in our lives.

'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.'
-Jeremiah 33:3 (MSG)


God DESIRES to speak to you! And not only that, but He has some amazing things to say. He wants to speak to you about your past, present, and future circumstances. He wants to speak words of love, hope, challenge, and conviction. He wants to reveal more of Himself to you.

While God wants us to take your needs and requests before Him, we must not forget to also take the time to silence our minds (and our mouths) and listen for Him to speak. I don't know about you, but I would rather be attentive to God's whispers than to have to have Him beat me over the head trying to get me to sit still.