Friday, February 11, 2011

Life Happens - Repost from Caleb Magnino

Today's post is from Caleb Magnino. You can check out his website at calebmagnino.com.
It's a great reminder about the importance of perspective and not letting your problems cloud your vision.


Not gonna lie…today was a tough day. Honestly a terrible start to a week. There is room in a blog for transparency... right?! I would hope so.

We have all been where I am today... discouraged, frustrated, irritated, angry, and stressed out. We have all felt the pressure of life, work, family, personal goals, and the like pressing in on us. For me, that day was today. It started with my laptop (that is my world for connectivity and all things work related) having another hard drive issue that literally has taken me the last 24 hours to fix, couple that with life decisions that need to be made, parenting dilemmas, personal unrest at seemingly nothing happening as I would desire and BAM! you have my day.

Been there? Yeah... I thought so.

But here is the beauty of it: Christ is still good. Christ is still sovereign. He is still on the throne.

I had to constantly remind myself of that today I saw deadlines passing while waiting for my laptop to cooperate. I have to be mindful of that when my 4 year old daughter takes on the attitude of a 16 year old defiant teenager, I must keep that ever in front of me when life seems to put me between a tough spot and a tougher spot.

Perspective is everything.

As I have been sitting here waiting for all my updates to install so I can start working for the day, now that it is 11:20PM, I came across this post by David Platt, author of Radical. It was exactly what I needed to hear.

“@plattdavid: Christian, absolutely nothing can touch you today apart from the sovereign hand of a God who wills your good & His glory.”

I needed to hear that. I believe that some of you need to hear that. In the midst of being exceptional creatives and diligent leaders, we find ourselves walking through tough stuff of life. Be encouraged. Rest in Him.

But now, this is what the LORD says-
He who created you, Jacob,
He who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name;
you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;"
-Isaiah 43:1-3


He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
-Psalm 46:10


We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
-2 Corinthians 4:8-9


Life Happens
by Caleb Magnino
calebmagnino.com