Wednesday, February 16, 2011

For All The Single Ladies

So Valentine's Day was a few days ago and it got me thinking back on my pre-marriage Valentine's. Some good, some not so much. One that sticks out is the one I got dumped. It was amazing (note the sarcasm). The story actually is much worse than simply getting dumped, but I will spare you the details. I remember at the time thinking, "This is the worst Valentine's Day ever." But actually, it turned out to be one of the best Valentine's Days ever.

You see, this guy was definitely not the right one for me. Other people told me and I knew it. Deep down I knew that I was settling for less than God's best for me. But for some reason, I kept holding on. It took an ugly situation for God to finally get me to see things as they really were.

Looking back, I am so grateful that relationship ended. I wasn't treated right, I wasn't respected, I wasn't valued. And even though he told me otherwise, I wasn't loved.

Love is deeper than pretty words or surface actions. If you think that being in a bad relationship is better than being "lonely" and single, you are so wrong. Been there done that. There is a line from a movie that goes something like this, "You are everything I never knew I always wanted." That is exactly how I feel about my husband. Don't settle for what you think you want. Wait on God who knows what you need. Yes, waiting is hard, but you can do it and it is worth it. You are a daughter of the King of Kings...believe it. Live it!