Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Risky Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
-Hebrews 11:1


This month is my anniversary of moving to Tennessee. I was born and raised in one place for nearly three decades. I had just quit my job, had my first child, and went from being a huge part of something to a part of nothing. To say that I was upset about moving would be an understatement. I fought God, I fought my husband, but deep down, I knew in my heart that this is where God was calling me and my family. So why my resistance? Because I was leaving everything familiar and stepping into a vast unknown.

As Christians we are to live by faith. Hard question: Are you truly living by faith if you never allow yourself to be put in a situation where you have no other choice but to trust God?

How can you ever fully experience the fullness of all God has for you if you are afraid to take a chance or give up at the first challenge? Many people are content to settle for a mediocre life because they aren't willing to risk. They aren't willing to change. They aren't willing to give up comfort and complacency for the unknown adventure. God is a God of the unknown. God is a God of risk. There are countless times in the Bible where He called people to situations where they were completely walking in faith.

Some of you will never live out your God-given calling in life and it's no one else's fault but your own. That may sound harsh, but unfortunately it is true more often than not.

Is God calling you out in faith?

Do you believe God is who He says He is?

If you answered yes, then what is keeping you from taking that step forward?