Monday, February 21, 2011

You See What You're Looking For

So over the weekend I celebrated a birthday. That means a whole new year is beginning, and honestly, I'm hoping this year is better than last. This has been a tough year in a lot of aspects and some of it, I would rather forget. But in all reality, despite the rough patches, I have a LOT to thank God for. This weekend, my husband, family, and friends spoiled me beyond belief! It was definitely one of my best birthdays. Ever. And as I sit here reflecting on the weekend, I realize all the many blessings that I have.

I think, as imperfect humans, it's a lot easier for us to naturally focus on the things in our life that aren't perfect or where we want them to be.

But no matter what is going on in your life, you have something to be thankful for.

I am a firm believer that you will see whatever it is you are looking for. If all you are looking for is the negative, then you will always see the things going wrong in your life. However, if you make an effort to look for the positive, you will see that you have a lot more to be grateful for than you may have originally thought.

Still can't seem to find anything to be thankful for? I have one. In fact, it's the best thing you have going for you...God's love. God loves you more than you will ever be loved by anyone else. And that love is constant, enduring, and unconditional. If anything else, you will always have God's love. That's a great place to start.