Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Facing Fear

`Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you; Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'
-Isaiah 41:10


I have noticed something about my kids...they are a lot more confident and brave when they know I am right there with them. For example, my daughter is typically pretty outgoing, but occasionally she can feel a bit overwhelmed at a situation. During those times she will say to me, "Mommy, you come with me." So I will take her by the hand and we will go on and face whatever it is together.
“Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.”
Are you feeling overwhelmed at a situation you are facing? Do you feel scared, unsure, or anxious? Know that God is right there with you. Reach up and grab the hand of your heavenly Father and let Him lead you forward in strength and confidence, step by step by step.