Monday, January 10, 2011

God Cares - 31 Days Of Hope (Day 10)

Ok, I gotta be honest here. Sitting in a hotel room, hubby is hanging with a friend, my baby boy has been screaming for over an hour because he hates his pack and play. Running off of little sleep from the night before. I am frustrated, irritated, and physically and emotionally drained. Writing a blog about hope is, quite truthfully, the last thing I want to do.

Lord, just help me right now. Give me strength. Give me grace. Give me a better attitude. Give me patience.

Then I start thinking...how blessed am I that I can go to my God and ask Him for help? To have a God who, not only cares about me enough to listen to me, but actually has the power to do something about my situation!

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7

God actually WANTS to take our burdens upon Himself. There are many times in the Bible where we are told to give our worries, cares, frustrations, over to Him and not to try and deal with them all on our own. Yes, I know that there are so many people right now who are dealing with something far more tragic than a kid who won't go to sleep. But the wonderful thing about it all is that God cares about what you and I are going through, whether it be huge or small.

As I finish writing, both kids are finally asleep and I have a renewed sense of calm in my heart. Who knows how long the peaceful stillness will last, but I am ever so grateful that in my time of need, as insignificant as it may have been, God heard my cry and answered.