Friday, January 7, 2011

Wisdom Is Yours For The Asking - 31 Days Of Hope (Day 7)

wis·dom
-noun
the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment.
(Websters)

Our family has a lot going on right now. We are coming to a crossroads of sort and have some decisions to make. There are a lot of questions and not a lot of solid answers. We really need direction.

We need wisdom.

If you ever have any doubt as to how important wisdom is, check out the book of Proverbs. It is filled with the benefits of wisdom. Someone who understood its value was King Solomon. In 2 Chronicles 1, we see that God was with him and had established him as king. Solomon asks God to give him wisdom and knowledge to lead and govern the people of Israel. God was very pleased that Solomon had asked for this over wealth, honor, and power. He was so pleased in fact, that He told Solomon, "Wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, possessions and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have.” (v12)

God values wisdom. People value wisdom. Are you at a crossroads in your life? Do you have some big decisions to make? James tells us that if we are needing wisdom, we should ask God for it (James 1:5-6). God's ways are far above ours and His knowledge is infinite! Who better to ask, right? However, understand that getting wisdom goes beyond simply asking for it. You must seek it out. You must believe. You must be open to receive.

Go before God with confidence and faith believing that He WILL give you wisdom for whatever decisions you are facing...then wait for it, watch for it, listen for it.

Despite the fact that I don't have the answers to all of my questions at the moment, I find peace and hope knowing that I am not left alone in my questioning. God knows everything that is going on and knows exactly what is best for me and my family. As I ask God for wisdom, I am believing that He hears my prayers and that He will give it to me.