Saturday, January 1, 2011

31 Days of Hope - Day 1

But as for me, I will look to the Lord and, confident in Him, I will keep watch; I will wait with hope and expectancy for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7 (Amp)

It's a new year...a new chapter. I look at my life and going into 2011, some things will change and some things will remain the same. I have a cautious optimism about it. There are a couple of things, and one big thing in particular, that I have been praying about for years. God has spoken to me about them, given me words about them, and encouraged me to not give up when hope has all but faded completely. But could this be the year? Could 2011 be the 38th chapter of Job where God finally speaks and then gives Job back everything that the enemy had taken away?

During this last year, God has been speaking to me a lot about hope. Maybe it's because this year has had some incredibly rough and hopeless points. Maybe it's because God knew I need to be reminded that in Him, there is always hope.

So for this first month of this new year, every day will be about hope. Sharing the verses and words and challenges that God has given to me this past year.

I go into 2011 with my eyes on God with hopeful expectation, waiting and ready for Him to move in a mighty way.